We are seeking an Assistant Director of Clinical Business Development to improve SBC’s market position and achieve financial growth and service excellence for SBC’s core business units, including: Research Biologics, Flow Cytometry, Histocompatibility and Disease Profiling, Blood Operations, and Testing and Processing of blood products. The successful candidate will define and execute long-term strategic sales strategies, build key relationships with prospective and current customers, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals, ensure coordination and collaboration with internal stakeholders, and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The Assistant Director of Clinical Business Development will also manage existing customers and ensure they remain satisfied and positive. They will conduct regular business reviews with current customers to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict the customers’ future needs. They will also capture and relay customer feedback to SBC’s Strategic Leadership Team and department leaders to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, 100% customer retention, and increased revenue.
Core duties include*:
- In coordination with operational departments, serving as a primary service relationship contact for customers, current and prospective. Developing a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction. Setting and managing ongoing customer expectations, communicating strategic plans and status. Responsible for managing the implementation of new customers.
- Screening and identifying potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials. Exploring opportunities to enhance the Blood Center’s reputation by pursuing new and different requests. High level of communication and coordination required with operational departments to balance opportunities with internal priorities/capacity.
- Closing new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Actively managing customer relationships through regular meetings and maintaining a customer database. Capturing customer feedback to identify areas for improvement and opportunities for revenue growth and ensuring customer satisfaction and retention. Developing and administering annual customer satisfaction survey. Presenting results of the survey to Executive Management with recommendations to resolve customer issues and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Conducting business reviews with existing customers on a regular basis to evaluate customers’ demands and usage of products and services, and escalating any feedback that needs addressing to SBC leadership.
- Hiring, training, coaching, counseling, and determining disciplinary action in conjunction with HR as required. Writing and delivering performance evaluations, and assigning and managing workload for direct reports. Remaining compliant with C-I-Care rounding requirements and StandOut expectations. Developing a monthly work schedule, and maintaining communication with personnel on all shifts. Providing direction and support for team members, while promoting teamwork through C-I-Care and engagement surveys.
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of the blood banking, research, and transplant markets to be able to identify opportunities for revenue growth and increased customer satisfaction. Uncovering and identifying new opportunities for business development, sales and marketing initiatives. Preparing and delivering report on market analysis, competitor analysis and market trends. Identifying trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Collaboratively organizing and utilizing internal resources to provide technical and business support to current customers, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and engagement.
- Developing and managing educational offerings to support customer needs for continuing education, and keeping customers apprised of initiatives at SBC that impact them.
* Other duties may also be assigned
Four-year college degree required; MBA or other advanced degree desired. Five years proven track record in sales/business development in a technical field required.
For a complete job description and to apply, please visit www.stanfordhealthcarecareers.com and reference requisition #50676.