We are seeking a blood collections Donor Services Director. Under the general operational direction of the Sr. Operations Director and the technical direction of the Medical Director, the Donor Services Director will set the strategy, goals, objectives and structure of Donor Services.
Core Duties include:
• Responsible and accountable for management, supervision and coordination of day-to-day operations of departments involving donor collections and donor recruitment at a number of fixed sites and mobile locations; responsibilities are carried out with a high level of independence and autonomy.
• Coordinate activities and goals of departments within the Blood Center with differing objectives. Responsible for using frequently changing customer utilization patterns to make decisions regarding staffing, center hours and expenditures for areas of responsibility, coordinating with upper management for other operational areas.
• Oversee implementation of policies and procedures and assure that employees understand and adhere to established policies and procedures.
• Participate in organizational and departmental budget development in collaboration with department supervisory staff, and effectively manage the Donor Services budget.
• In collaboration with Operations Director, Technical Director, and other key stakeholders, set blood collection goals and strategies for each fiscal year. Use dashboards, reports and other metrics to track progress and make any changes necessary to meet established goals.
• Promote and exemplify service excellence through the integration and execution of key company programs (such as C-I-CARE) and internally generated initiatives.
– Other duties may also be assigned
Four-year college degree required; RN license, medical technologist license or MBA preferred. Five years of progressively responsible management experience and demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and manage several varied activities or functions simultaneously required.
For a complete job description and to apply, please visit www.stanfordhealthcarecareers.com and reference job # 53086.