Each year during our critical winter season (when blood donations drop due to sickness and holiday travel), SBC partners with another local organization with a charitable mission as part of our Give Good initiative. The goal of Give Good is to spread awareness about blood donation so we can continue to serve our local patients during this time, while also supporting a community organization with a good cause.
Humane Society Silicon Valley
Thank you to everyone who came out to support our annual Give Good campaign! This year, for the entire month of January, we partnered with Humane Society Silicon Valley (HSSV), which has been connecting people and pets in the Silicon Valley for over 80 years.
One Donation Can Save Patients and Pets
In addition to providing lifesaving blood products for local patients, your generosity helped pets in need in our community. We are excited to announce that 3,395 generous donors from across the Bay Area donated blood to support the cause!
- For every person that came in to donate blood, SBC made a financial contribution to Humane Society Silicon Valley.
- HSSV used these funds to provide vaccinations and other medical care to shelter animals.
Learn More About Humane Society of Silicon Valley
Humane Society Silicon Valley is a nonprofit organization that offers quality pet adoptions, microchipping services, pet care services, a shelter medicine program (including vaccinations and affordable spaying/neutering), volunteering and educational programs, and progressive behavior and training programs.
To learn more about Humane Society Silicon Valley, visit www.hssv.org.
Pets of SBC
Team SBC members got into the spirit of this year’s Give Good campaign, too! Check out some of the adorable (and even unusual) pets we are proud to call part of our SBC family:
Give Good History
Over the years, SBC blood donors have made a tremendous impact on our local community in so many ways! Read about how the Give Good campaign has helped our donors support some wonderful community organizations over the years.
Give Good Over the Years
- In 2017, 2,474 donors gave blood during the campaign to support our partner, Good Karma Bikes.
- In 2016, 1,521 donors stopped by a center or mobile to support our partner, Bay Area Cancer Connections.
- In 2015, 2,029 donors rolled up their sleeves during our three-week campaign with Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley.
- In 2014, 1,896 registered donors participated in the two-week campaign with BayKids Studios.
- In 2013, 3,294 donors visited during the three-week campaign with Humane Society Silicon Valley.