There are three easy ways to donate blood:
1. Make an appointment by phone. You can call our friendly staff at 888-723-7831.
2. Make an appointment online. Visit sbcdonor.org.
*Walk-in space may be limited. We recommend calling us for same-day appointments to ensure shorter wait times. 888-723-7831
Thanks for becoming a donor. Register to make your first appointment. Don’t worry, it’s quick and easy!
Welcome back! Log in to your account to make an appointment or visit the rewards store to redeem your points.
Find a Blood Drive
Search by city or zip code for an upcoming mobile blood drive in your area. Make an appointment and save time!
Helpful hint: After your first donation, remember to return to sbcdonor.org to finish setting up your online donor account. You can log in to your SBC donor account after each donation to check your health information, see when you are eligible to donate blood again, and redeem points for thank-you gifts in our rewards store.
NOT SURE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO DONATE BLOOD?
- be at least 17 years of age (16-year-olds may donate blood with a parent/guardian’s consent). California law requires anyone under the age of 17 to have a parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to donate. Donors under the age of 17 should bring the completed consent form (05-FX1) when registering to donate. The consent form can be obtained online here, at a Stanford Blood Center donor center, Stanford Blood Center community blood drive, or from your high school blood drive coordinator
- weigh at least 110 pounds for donors 19 or older (Donors under 19-see height/weight requirements)
- be free of cold and flu symptoms (allergies ok; as are most medications)
- eat before donating and drink plenty of fluids
- bring photo ID
- fill out a Medical History Questionnaire (which will be provided at the time of your donation) and discuss answers confidentially with a Medical Historian
For more in-depth deferral information, please visit: Learn More
You can also visit our FAQ page to get answers to some of the most common questions related to blood donation: Get the FAQs.
HOW OFTEN CAN I DONATE?
Donors ages 16-18 are eligible for a whole blood donation once every six months (180 days) or a double red blood cell donation (DRBC) once every 12 months (365 days). Donors 19 years of age or older are eligible for a whole blood donation every 56 days or a DRBC donation every four months.