Stanford Blood Center is dedicated to providing a safe and adequate blood supply for local patients, as well as supporting the community that helps meet this need. In that spirit, we hope to honor students who actively support our mission through hosting successful blood drives at their high schools.
SBC will award up to $1,000 in scholarship funds to select high school students each academic year. Qualified applicants will be graduating seniors who have participated in coordinating a successful blood drive on their high school campus. Students may use the funds toward any college related expenses, such as tuition, books, housing, or meals.
Download the Scholarship Application
The applicant must:
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be a graduating senior
- Be enrolled in a four-year college/university, a community college, or technical school the following year
- Have participated on a blood drive committee at their high school and have been actively involved in at least one Stanford Blood Center blood drive for the school year of application submission
- Complete and submit the scholarship application and attachments on or before the deadline
- A typed essay, no more than two pages (double spaced), about your personal experience with your high school blood drive(s). Include how your efforts made the drive(s) successful and how you think the experience will benefit your future education, leadership, and volunteerism goals
- A copy of your current high school transcript
- A completed scholarship application and attachments submitted on or before the deadline
- The deadline to submit the application is July 8, 2022
Scholarships will be awarded by check payable to the college, university or technical school where the student has officially enrolled.
Recipients will be notified by August 8, 2022.
Questions: Contact High School Scholarships at 669-294-8479 or Email Us
2020 High School Scholarship Recipients
The SBC High School Scholarship program just awarded scholarships to our deserving high school blood drive coordinators for the fourth year running. These high school students were a pleasure to work with and did a fantastic job recruiting our future blood donors. The following are the 2020 winners:
Hilla Ben-Moshe – Fremont High
Linh Duong – Yerba Buena High
Degan Fisher – Leigh High
Calvin Hawe – Las Lomitas High
Sally Kim – Saratoga High
Danielle Phan – Branham High
Yessenia Reed – Live Oak High