Summer is a time to unwind and cool down with some of your favorite beverages. Looking for an excuse to put together your favorite feel-good cocktail this week? We’ve got you covered! Celebrate our Blood in Pop Culture challenge by mixing our very own SBC Bloody Mary; and use it as a conversation starter to inform your brunch buddies about the need for blood donors! Can you think of a more relaxing way to help your community?
Try your hand at our recipe below or show off your own favorite blood-colored drink! Review our Blood in Pop Culture Challenge page this week to see how you could enter to win a prize for your participation.
- ½ cup of your favorite tomato juice
- Splash of fresh lemon juice
- About ¼ teaspoon horseradish
- Good tablespoon (or so) of Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of garlic powder
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Dash of celery salt (or sea salt)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Dab of pickle juice
- Shot of your favorite vodka
- Blend or shake the tomato juice, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, pickle juice and Tabasco sauce and process until smooth.
- Add celery salt and black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled (2 hours or up to overnight).
- When ready to serve, fill each glass with ice.
- Add your desired amount of vodka to the glass and fill the glass with your Bloody Mary mix.
- Stir well, and garnish each glass with a lemon slice and your favorite veggie (e.g., cornichon, olive, celery), chicken nugget or slider!